This Coconut Lime Cake is a decadent treat made from our hand-plucked Walters Bay Coconut Iced Tea, topped with a fresh lime glaze, and decorated with coconut flakes and lime slices. Yum!
2 Cups Milk (Substitute nondairy milk to make vegan)
6 TBS Walters Bay Coconut Iced Tea
½ Cup Room Temperature Butter (Substitute nondairy butter to make vegan)
4 Eggs (Substitute 4 TBS Ground flax mixed with 10 TBS water to make vegan)
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
3 ½ Cups Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
2 TBS Lime Juice
2 TBS Milk (Substitute nondairy milk to make vegan)
Zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cake pan.
- Add milk to a small saucepan. Combine 6 TBS of Walters Bay Coconut Iced Tea with the milk. Warm the milk and tea mixture over medium heat until just before boiling. There should be some small bubbles forming. Turn off the heat and let cool completely.
- (Skip this step if using regular eggs) – combine your ground flax and water in a small bowl. Let sit for several minutes until it forms a gel.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs (or flax eggs) and beat well until combined. Beat in vegetable oil. Slowly add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add cooled milk tea mixture until completely combined and silky.
- Transfer batter to your pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out completely clean.
- While your cake is baking, make the glaze by combining the 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Add more or less milk to achieve desired thickness.
- Let cake cool completely before turning out onto a platter.
- Pour over glaze, and garnish with coconut flakes and fresh lime slices and wedges.
- Enjoy with an iced cold glass of Walters Bay Coconut Iced Tea.