Chai Tea Spiced Pumpkin Bread
A warm and delicious bread that will get you through the fall season. This bread is rich, moist, and has the perfect crispy top.
A few recipe tips: Most recipes may call for water in the recipe, in this case all you need to do is replace the water with Walters Bay Chai Tea. This will add the perfect amount of spice to this delicious bread. Instead of butter use oil, this helps keep the bread moist. Lastly, this recipe only calls for half a can of Pumpkin so you can double the recipe with one can and make two loaves if you want!
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or canola oil) plus some for greasing pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree (about half the can)
- 1/2 cup Chai Tea (boil half a cup of water and add a tea bag, let sit for 5 minutes before removing tea bag)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp clove and 1/4 tsp ginger. or any combination of those spices you have, just not too much as they are strong!)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flower
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your (9 inch by 5 inch) loaf pan generously or lightly grease and line the pan with parchment paper to all the edges.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, and the oil until all the sugar is fully coated in oil.
- Add two eggs and mix together (using an electric mixer) on high speed for about one minute until the mixture starts to get fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the Chai Tea and mix well on high speed (for about 30 seconds).
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spices, and kosher salt to the mixture and mix again until fully combined (about 30 seconds).
- Add the flour and using a wooden spoon mix lightly until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and using a rubber spatula scrape all the extra batter into the pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool for a least 10 minutes in the pan and then remove and place on a heat safe rack or plate.
- Cut the loaf into 8 perfect slices and enjoy!
Follow us on Instagram for more posts like this!
Source (changed slightly): https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/chai-spiced-pumpkin-bread/