NILDALUKANDE TEA FACTORY
Nildalukande Tea factory has produced orthodox black tea since 1891. Its storied history includes a 1953 visit by then-Prime Minister Mr. Dudly Senanayaka.
Since its inception, the factory has changed ownership only five times, including in 2010, when Walters Bay purchased the facility and converted it into a state-of-art, CTC Black Tea processing center.
Located in the Kandy District, the Nildalukande Tea Factory sits at about 470m above sea level and is surrounded by gorgeous mountains. The major city in this centrally located area is Gompola, the former capital of the island during the reign of King Buwanekabahu IV.
World’s First FSSC22000:2010 Certified CTC Black Tea Manufacturing Facility
The Nildalukande Tea Factory produces premium CTC Ceylon black tea and, in 2010, became the world’s first FSSC22000:2010 Certified CTC Black Tea Manufacturing Facility.
The factory processes approximately 20,000 kilograms of tea leaves per day from 1,000 small growers, and employs more than 60 people from nearby villages.